Legal Assistant – Solicitor Team
Pihl Law Corporation is looking for an outstanding legal assistant to join our fast paced, client focused firm.
Working with a strong, close knit solicitor team specializing in corporate and commercial transactions and conveyancing, general and ongoing duties will include:
- Organizing and prioritizing material and workflow for review by responsible lawyer, paralegal and/or senior legal assistant
- Preparing required documents for a purchase/sale, land title registry, and other documents as directed
- Preparing corporate documents such as Resolutions and Annual Report documents, basic incorporation, and due diligence
- Liaising with clients
- Billing and reporting on files
- File management and document administration
- Assisting responsible lawyer with any administrative duties as required
The successful candidate will bring positive energy to our firm and possess:
- 2+ years experience as a corporate/conveyancing legal assistant
- Knowledge of PC Law, Econvey, ALF and BC Online
- A general understanding of property transactions including familiarity with the Property Law Act, Land Title Act, Land Title Forms and Mortgages
- Strong Microsoft Office skills
- Ability to organize and prioritize workload for a busy legal team
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- A passion for the law and life long learning
- A legal assistant certificate or post secondary degree/diploma
To learn more about Pihl Law Corporation and to determine if this opportunity is a fit for you, watch this brief video.
Our firm offers a healthy work life balance, a comprehensive benefits package, a registered pension plan, regular staff events and a competitive salary.
To apply for this full-time position please submit your resume in confidence to Andrea Krause, Director of Operations at email@example.com