Pihl Law Corporation is a very active mid-size law firm with strong client relationships throughout the Okanagan Valley.
We are looking for an exceptional Corporate Paralegal to join our amazing team!
If you love a fast paced, client focused, collaborative work environment this opportunity may be right for you!
General and ongoing duties will include:
- Assisting lawyers in the preparation of documentation for commercial transactions (assets and/or shares), due diligence, changes to ownership or management, M&A, joint ventures, amalgamations and dissolutions.
- Working independently in all aspects of basic and professional incorporations (provincial and federal), alterations to notice of articles, all share transactions, all types of ITA exchanges, rollovers and transactions, continuations and restorations.
- Creating and maintaining corporate minute books, all types of dividends and all related annual maintenance.
- Due diligence review of corporate records and preparation of rectification resolutions.
- Responding to client inquiries and handling routine corporate tasks independently.
The successful candidate will possess:
- Minimum 5 years experience as a corporate/commercial paralegal
- Strong knowledge of ALF and strong Microsoft Office skills
- Ability to organize and prioritize workload for a busy corporate practice
- Exceptional attention to detail and organizational skills
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- A passion for the law and lifelong learning
- A paralegal certificate or diploma is preferred
To learn more about Pihl Law Corporation and to determine if this opportunity is a fit for you, watch this brief video Pihl Law Corporation and Our Values
Our firm offers a healthy work life balance, a comprehensive benefits package, a registered pension plan, regular staff events and a competitive salary.
To apply for this full-time position please submit your resume in confidence to Andrea Krause, Director of Operations at email@example.com